Who are we looking for and why work at Natural Power?
The Planning and Environment Departments within Natural Power provide services throughout the lifecycle of renewable energy projects. The departments are made up of a diverse range of around 80 people in the UK with considerable technical expertise covering environmental and planning services and associated disciplines. We are a growing, forward thinking, collaborative and open team, helping the UK transition to green energy and reduce carbon emissions. The main purpose of the role is to work with the Directors of the Planning and Environment Departments and the departments’ Project Managers to be responsible for project invoicing, project budget control and financial reporting, and to provide assistance on budgeting and re-forecasting for the departments.
- To ensure timely and effective invoicing of all projects on a monthly basis adhering to the set financial time periods and specific contract requirements.
- Co-ordinate and assist Project Managers with the management of all inter-company input from other companies within the NPC group.
- Assist Project Managers with budget control of all projects, maintaining project budget tracking of income and expenditure.
- Manage the monthly department management accounts process within the required timescales, including calculation of accurate pre-payments, accruals and work in progress values.
- Assist with the preparation of annual department budgets and co-ordinate the budget process in line with group deadlines.
- Assist with regular re-forecasting of budgets and monitor actual performance to budget.
- Liaison with the Accounts Department to provide information and answer queries as required.
- Liaise with the Natural Power Credit Controller to provide assistance with debtor control.
- Deal with client enquires regarding invoicing, fees and all other financial information in conjunction with the Project Manager of the project in question.
- Provide feedback on the departments’ performance to budget on a regular basis, and ad-hoc feedback as required on projects to all Project Managers.
- Attend client meetings as and when required to discuss budgets, fees or any other financial issues
We will offer an engaging, collaborative and fast-paced environment and an excellent benefits package, including Generous Annual Leave, Flexible Working, Pension, Employee Assistance Programme, Personal Insurances and a selection of elective benefits which include Health Plans, Discounts and Salary Sacrifice options
Our work and culture
We have been pioneers of positive renewable change at Natural Power for 25 years. If you’re looking for a job in the renewable energy industry, we could be just the place to advance your career.
Our values are at the very heart of what we do every day. By working with us, you’ll be joining a diverse international community of experts who are innovative, inclusive and supportive of your own personal development. We also provide the highest quality of expertise, innovation and client commitment globally. These are just some of the great things you can help to deliver as part of our team.
Diversity and Inclusion
Natural Power is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Natural Power reserves the right to remove this vacancy at any time.
How to apply
Click apply and you will be redirected to our online recruitment portal to upload your CV. Please do mention Ethical Jobseeker as your application source.