This is a new role and provides an opportunity to influence the future direction and delivery of the finance service for the college, reviewing processes and developing an enhanced way of working and reporting.
Sense College is the overarching name for Sense College East (SCE) comprising of 8 sites and Sense College Loughborough which is based on one site. Each college has its own separate DfE and Ofsted registration. This role will oversee the finance responsibilities for both colleges.
The successful applicant will report to the Executive Principal, be a member of the college senior management team and will work collaboratively with the principals and management teams of both colleges. There will be indirect reporting to Sense Head of Finance.
You will ensure Sense College finance operations operate consistently with Sense central finance policies and regulations and have line management of a small team of finance officers / assistants based at both college sites.
This is a permanent role working 37.5 hours per week and will be Home Based within easy travelling distance of Peterborough, Loughborough and Birmingham to enable site visits, potentially bi weekly.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays entitlement; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- To take lead responsibility for all ESFA financial compliance in accordance with the ESFA contracts.
- Revision of Direct Payment (DP) fee rates in consultation with college principals
- Provision of Adult Social care fee rates in consultation with college principals and senior / local management teams as appropriate
- Working collaboratively with Sense Central Finance to provide a high quality business partnering service to operational management enabling them to make financial decisions about current and future services, to include monthly reporting to Sense College senior management teams.
- Timely coordination, monitoring and submission of monthly financial information for central payroll, purchase ledger and sales ledger teams
Knowledge and Experience:
- Member of a processional accountancy body e.g. ACCA, ACA, CIMA
- Demonstrable understandable of ESFA post -16 funding streams and accounting requirements
- Significant experience of financial management in an organisation with a significant turnover
- Experience of developing and monitoring a large annual budget within a multi-cost centre environment
- Knowledge and experience of business planning processes
To apply: Click the apply link to be transferred to our recruitment site where you can download the full job description and apply online. To help us to manage our advertising resources please mention Ethical Jobseeker in your application.