Triodos Bank is one of Europe’s leading sustainable banks, whose mission is to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change.
Key responsibilities include:
Financial planning, budgeting, analysis, and business challenge:
- Support the planning, budgeting and forecasting process, ensuring its efficiency and accuracy, and identifies bottlenecks in the process and makes proposals for improvement and implements the improvements
- Manage planning, budgeting and forecasting sub-processes
- Analyse and challenge business performance, identifying potential improvements, and KPIs to support change;
- Track progress against financial and non-financial strategic deliverables;
- Identify and track appropriate KPIs to monitor delivery of business goals, and communicate implications to Finance team, Treasury and other CMT members as necessary;
- Support in developing mechanisms to articulate and monitor implementation of strategic plans.
- Liaise with and challenge team leaders on lending, deposit and other income generation activities;
- Liaise with the Financial Controller on cost and efficiency tracking and planning;
Daily liquidity management:
- Responsible for preparing and monitoring the daily liquidity, counterparty, investment and FX position. Ensure the efficiency of this process;
- Provide/review FX quotes for customer transactions and understand liquidity and FX exposure implications and actions
- Propose monetary deposits and monetary borrowing decisions;
- Perform periodic review of counterparties for cash management and investment purposes
Business and other projects:
- Collate and coordinate responses to information requests from group and external parties, and for other presentations by senior management;
- Lead and support the delivery of Business Projects within the Finance team
Triodos Bank is proud of its culture, ethos and ability to make a positive change in society. It is important that candidates evidence a strong commitment to Triodos Bank’s core values of ethical sustainability and transparency, as well as the personal qualities to live these values.
It is essential to have an appropriate accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) or be progressing towards this. Financial services experience would be an advantage. An ability to understand and refine complex financial models, and to understand the mathematical principles behind them, is important. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft packages, especially Excel, or the proven aptitude to acquire such skills, is therefore also important.
The role requires the ability to work to tight deadlines, good organisational skills, and the ability to interact with many levels of the business with credibility and friendly professionalism. Clear and concise written and oral communication skills are important. The role also requires a commercial approach, and the hunger and aptitude to understand and challenge the bank’s business model.
What we offer
In return for your commitment and hard work, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary of up to £42,000 (depending on experience). We believe people should be properly and appropriately paid for their work but that there should also be a fair distribution of the value the bank generates, which is why we do not have performance-related pay or bonuses. Instead, we have an extensive benefits package where most of our benefits are non-contributory. Our benefits include:
- Non-contributory pension scheme from your first day of 8% in year 1 and 10% from year 2 onwards
- Life Assurance (Worth 4 times basic pay)
- Income Protection - 75% of basic pay after 13 weeks sick and following six months service
- Private Medical Insurance (non-contributory introduction level)
- A Health Cash Plan (non-contributory introduction level)
- Vitality Leave – After every 7 years of service, you will be able to take a sabbatical of up 3 months
- 25 days (FTE) plus bank holidays per annum with an additional increase in holiday through length of service (up to 5 days FTE)
- A buy and sell holiday scheme of up to 5 days (FTE) to a maximum of 30 days
- Season Ticket Loan available for commuting into the office
- A wellbeing allowance of £100 a year
- Voluntary benefits, including discounts and cycle to work scheme
Triodos embraces flexibility and diversity in the workplace and is proud to be a Living Wage Employer and a Disability Confident "Committed" employer. Should you wish to discuss flexibility in any way, please do let us know in your application.
Triodos Bank is proud to be using Rare's Contextual Recruitment System (CRS) which allows us to consider applicants' achievements in the context in which they were gained. We understand that not every candidate’s achievements look the same on paper – and we want to recruit the best people, from every background. Once you’ve submitted your application to us, please make sure to check your inbox, and or junk folder, for an email with a link to the CRS form.
Please note, Triodos Bank reserves the right to bring forward the closing date of any of its vacancies if we receive a suitable number of high-quality applications from which to make a shortlist. We recommend that you apply for one of our roles as soon as possible rather than wait until the published closing date.