This is a permanent role, working 20 hours per week, You do not require any professional care experienece, as sense will provide you with all of the specialised training and development to become a fantastic support worker!
For genuine occupational reasons we are looking to appoint a female candidate only (exemption under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9).
As a Sense support worker in Exeter you will support 6 individuals with various communication needs, in and around Exeter Spread over three locations. We aim for the people we support will be able to live more independently in their own flats, with their support provided to match their needs, and aspirations. We aim to enhance these individuals abilities to be able to live the lives they choose, by developing independence and personal living skills. So you should be a good communicator and able to think independantly and be willing to learn BSL or appropriate forms of communication for the individuals.
The duties are varied and no two days will be the same. The people we support are individuals and they are all treated as such. As a general guide, you may support with personal care needs, as well as help to take part in a wide range of special interests and activities that support their health and wellbeing. This includes accessing the community where possible, so a drivers license is desireable, especially as one of the services is 10 miles out of Exeter.
Are you looking for an incredibly rewarding and valuable job role, where you can receive great training and development, a supportive work environment?
You do not need any existing experience as full specialised training will be provided!
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you..
Does this sound right for you?
Female Support Worker, Exeter, Benefits:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Female Support Worker, Exeter, Duties:
- To support individuals / groups within the home, centre and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
Female Support Worker, Execter, Desired Experience:
- For genuine occupational reasons we are looking to appoint a female candidate only (exemption under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9).
- A full UK license is beneficial to aid day trips.
- Knowledge of or qualification in British Sign Language or similar is beneficial (BSL / Makaton etc.)
- You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker.
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial.
To apply: Click the apply link to be transferred to our recruitment site where you can download the full job description and apply online. To help us to manage our advertising resources please mention Ethical Jobseeker in your application.