This is a permanent role, with contracted hours up to 37.5 hours per week, with various contracts available of fulltime / part time / weekend cover. Sense are offering a Support Worker in Margate £9.75 per hour. Don’t worry if you don’t have the qualifications needed as full training will be given.
For genuine occupational reasons we are looking to appoint a female candidate only (exemption under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9) You will also require to hold a Full UK driving licence to provide transport for individuals at the service.
You will be working in our residential service that is home to 4 very characterful individuals with very different personalities. We believe first and foremost that this is their home we just happen to work in it, and it should feel homely and comfortable.The duties are varied and no two days will be the same. The people we support are individuals and they are all treated as such. As a general guide, you may support with personal care needs, everyday tasks like washing, cleaning and cooking. As well as help to take part in a wide range of special interests and activities that support their health and wellbeing. Get paid to participate in activities that everyone enjoys from theme parks to going to the pub, even a holiday or two.
One member of staff said "I feel so privileged to have this job and would love other people to have the same chance as me. I wouldn’t have applied for this job through an advert as I considered myself inexperienced and underqualified however I’m so pleased I took the plunge. I work with an amazingly supportive team and support amazing people….. job satisfaction 100%"
Are you looking for a new career? Do you want a new challenge? Are you caring, reliable and compassionate and want to make a difference in someone’s day making it that extra bit special? Do you have a good sense of fun? Do you want to feel like you have made a difference? Do you want to receive great training and development whilst working in a supportive work environment?
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you..
Female Support Worker, Margate, Benefits:
- Every other weekend off
- Partnered up with an experienced ‘buddy’ throughout your probation period
- Enhanced pay for any overtime completed
- A happy and supportive work environemnt
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Female Support Worker, Margate, Duties:
- To support individuals / groups within the home, centre and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
Female Support Worker, Margate, Desired Experiences:
- Right to work in the UK
- You will require to hold a Full UK driving licence to provide transport for individuals at the service.
- For genuine occupational reasons we are looking to appoint a female candidate only (exemption under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9)
- You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker.
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. Please do mention Ethical Jobseeker when applying to help to monitor our recruitment advertising.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.