Are you active and upbeat? can you embrace a someone's zest for life?
Sense has a great opportunity for fun loving, enthusiastic individuals to join our team as a Support Worker in Poole, Dorset. This is a permanent role, we can offer contracts of up to 27.5 hours per week.
About the role…
• As a Support Worker you will support and enable people to live the life they choose
• You will support an individual and encourage them to make choices, to express themselves, live as independently as possible and run their own lives as much as possible
• Regular shift patterns of 7.5 hours and sleep in shifts most days.
• There will be adhoc activities, such as disco / club nights, attending music festivals or going on holiday.
• You will be supporting an individual to do the things they really enjoy such as visiting cafes, pubs, going to the cinema, trampolining and the occasional trip to a fun fair or a theme park.
In return we will offer you…
• £9.00 per hour
• Bespoke, rewarding career pathways
• Free parking (where available)
• Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
• Enhanced disclosure cost covered
• Plus many more
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with an awareness of multi sensory and complex needs
• Valid UK driving licence
• Previous experience is not essential as full training will be provided
• Able to demonstrate that you possess the right values and behaviours to enable you to make a difference to people’s lives
• Open and honest attitude to life we would love to hear from you.• NVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care
• For genuine occupational reasons we are looking to appoint a female candidate only (exemption under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9).
• BSL Level one or ability to communicate with BSL
- Please use the link below to complete your application.
- Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
- If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format please contact the recruitment team on 0121 415 6735 or textphone 0121 415 2720.
- Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
- As we say in our Equality and Diversity pledge, we want to ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential with us. So, if you have a disability which prevents you from driving but you are interested in a role where our advert says driving is required, please get in touch with us to discuss your application. We encourage you to apply for the role and we will try to make any adjustments to the role that may be possible.
No agency submissions, any submissions without prior authorisation from Sense will be treated as our own, as such no fee will be payable.