About the opportunity
The Farming & Land Use Team have big plans to broaden the support we give to farmers and growers so more of them can transition towards nature friendly farming practices. Communications is integral to making this happen. This role will work within the farming communications team to capture the stories of farmers and growers in our network who are leading the way and help them inspire and equip others to do the same. To do this you will find yourself:
• Asking questions to farmers on the phone or on the field to capture and share their knowledge.
• Working with our farming and land use advisors to share the outcomes of their projects to agricultural communities.
• Drafting and posting social media content aimed at sharing nature friendly farming stories
• Co-ordinating our regular newsletters
• Representing the organisation at farm walks and conferences
• Updating our website with practical knowledge and case studies
• Project managing videographers, photographers and journalists
We are looking for a passionate communicator to help us radically change the way agriculture is done in the UK. No prior knowledge of farming is necessary (although it is desirable) but you must be enthusiastic about learning the ins and outs of agriculture in the UK. We are looking for:
• An excellent writer and copyeditor who can combine creative and engaging writing with practical down to earth knowledge transfer, so we bring farming practices to life.
• Digital experience of delivering timely content sharing on email, social and website platforms as well as user engagement
• A storyteller who can capture and find the right mediums for the right story, including press, case study creation and film
• Someone who can learn the language of our farmer and grower audience groups and understand their needs so we can help them best.
• A great team player, willing to get stuck in to whatever is needed, giving input with their ideas and learning from new challenges as they go
We offer a range of financial and lifestyle benefits to all our employees, including:
27 days annual holiday increasing to 30 days with length of service plus bank holidays
Pension scheme with ethical investment options and employer contribution
Free membership of the Soil Association and discounts on organic produce
Volunteer days to give back to the local community or support green initiatives
Family friendly policies and flexible working
Cycle to work scheme
Sociable and engaging workplace of professionals that share a passion for healthy, sustainable lifestyle and produce
Bristol/Hybrid - 2 days office based per week