The Executive Assistant is responsible for coordinating the activities of the People Leadership Team to enable the efficient and effective delivery of the Sense People Plan. This will include providing a professional administrative service, document editing, key meeting co-ordination and working with project leads to ensure key activity is in line with plans.
The role sits within our Sense People Team who support all our employees at every stage of their journey with us. We provide a strategic lead on people management, learning and development, internal communications and engagement at Sense. We enable the organisation to have the right culture, capacity and capability to achieve its purpose.
This is a newly created permanent role, working 37.5 hours per week at our purpose built centre, TouchBase Pears in Selly Oak, Birmingham.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holiday entitlement; increasing with length of service
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Your duties include:
- Work with key stakeholders and co-ordinate the monitoring and progression of activities within the People Plan ensuring progress is tracked and reported on;
- Work with key stakeholders to maintain and report on the People Risk Register ensuring risks are appropriately assessed by risk owners, and categorised accordingly and mitigating actions taken;
- Ensuring timely preparation and presentation, collation and submission of all Executive and Trustee board reports/papers in conjunction with other EA colleagues as necessary;
- Support the People Team with preparing reports for other meetings as necessary;
- Preparation of PowerPoint presentations and other material for the People Leadership Team;
- Develop and administer core systems that support the Leadership Team e.g. shared drives, approvals processes, SharePoint and Teams site management.
**You will be required to attend meetings at our London Head Office on occasion**
Knowledge, skills and experiences:
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships with senior leaders and key stakeholders;
- Demonstrable experience of supporting senior teams
- Excellent communication – (verbal and written skills), advocacy and Interpersonal skills;
- Intermediate level use Microsoft Office applications such as Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint & Skype
- Excellent time management and organisation skills;
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance or for an informal discussion please contact ;
Joanne Lee - email@example.com / 07967773300
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity/