Job Title: Energy and Carbon Analyst
Reporting to: Senior Energy and Carbon Analyst
Date advertised: June 2022, External Advert
Contract type: Permanent
Job description reviewed: June 2022
Salix works to enable the public sector in the UK to reduce its carbon footprint. The task of reducing the UK’s carbon emissions needs individuals who will work as a constructive team member building positive relationships with our clients to enable them to implement low carbon technologies across their estate.
Work Life at Salix
For staff joining Salix we run a comprehensive induction programme to support staff to be successful at work. Every member of staff is in a team and has a named line manager who helps organize individual workload and manages training and development.
- Undertaking full technical reviews of applications in line with Technical Services Procedures for all funding programmes, including assessment of technical feasibility, financial value for money and project delivery risk assessments
- Lead client communications to review and resolve technical queries with applicants
- Liaise with clients either via email, calls or in person meetings
- Check technical assessments completed by Salix’s external technical consultants, giving the assessor feedback where needed
- Producing performance reports for the Technical Services Manager and other programme leadership teams
- Supporting Technical Services Manager in developing processes for the measurement and analysis of approved applications
- Provide expertise within Salix on low carbon heating, energy efficiency and renewable technologies covered in funding applications.
- Updating and continual development of Salix Application Forms and technical procedures
- Development of technology-specific tools to support client calculations
- Develop additional Salix support material including best practice examples and case studies
- Build new and maintain existing relationships with clients and consultant/supplier base
- To develop staff technical knowledge through shared learning and provide technical advice to colleagues within Salix
- Support the Communication and PR team with technical aspects of marketing material
- Undertaking analysis of energy and carbon savings data from funded projects
- Represent Salix at various promotional events
- Organise and deliver technical and corporate presentations at client workshops and training events
- Support the business development team with any development/research work relating to the organisation, technologies or the reporting databases, website and front-ends such as the Recycling Fund reporting system (SERS).
- Conducting site visits and audits to evaluate installed technologies, provide advice on making a Salix application and supporting pipeline building
- Also, to include any other duties and responsibilities within the range of the salary grade
- £25,500 during probationary period which lasts 12 weeks
- £26,000 after successful probationary period
- 28 days annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee support with public transport costs
- Supported training budget for staff
- Travel pass (National Rail)
Salix is an equal opportunities employer and has a policy of equal pay. Salix operates a probationary period for all new staff. This ensures people joining Salix can find out that the job meets their expectations and that Salix can support each member of staff in their role. This is on a fixed term 12-week probationary contract. Successful completion of the probationary period will lead to an offer of employment contract.
The Person Specification for this position can be found in Appendix 1. All criteria outlined in the specification are considered essential and will be assessed through a combination of the application statement, CV, and interview.
Candidates must demonstrate that they meet the qualifications, experience, skills and abilities listed in the Person Specification. In order that candidates focus on the experience, skills and abilities in the Person Specification ten specific areas have been highlighted. Candidates should focus on these ten points in their written statement which should be no more than 1,500 words. Other aspects of the Person Specification will be evidenced from your CV and the final interview. See appendix 1 for the person specification.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this role, please submit all of the following to the email provided.
- An up-to-date CV
- A statement of no more than 1,500 words as to how you match the requirements of the Person Specification ensuring you address the ten key criteria highlighted in the key criteria column of the Person Specification
- Equality monitoring form (available to download at Salix's website)
Please specify in the application the subject the job title you are applying for and within the email where you saw the job posted.