Are you self-motivated, passionate about helping people and keen to join a dynamic organisation? This may be the perfect position for you!
Vale of Aylesbury Housing Trust is a ‘not-for-profit’ Registered Provider of affordable housing for over 17,000 people living and working in Aylesbury and across Buckinghamshire and beyond.
- we own and are responsible for over 7,600 homes,
- Our annual turnover of over £45 million,
- We have more than 270 employees,
We aim to make a significant social and economic contribution within the communities where we work.
We are a dynamic organisation seeking to provide over 1000 new homes by 2025 while also increasing flexibility with the way we work and improving our environmental impact.
About the Role
On the Job you will:
- Fix and Second fix new packages
- Complete partial and full re-wires
- Complete electrical tests and certification
- Support with repairs where appropriate
We’re looking for someone who understands how to connect with people and is great at working on their own and as part of a team.
The role will primarily be working within a team of four Electricians in our planned investment team, supporting installations of new kitchens, bathrooms and level access showers. This role will suit someone with experience of first and second fix of these types of work alongside experience of completing electrical tests and certification.
You will ideally have skills and attributes that include:
- excellent communication skills
- you enjoy a challenging role
- motivation to make a difference in the local community
- ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- experience in repair & maintenance works both in occupied & void properties
- ability to work alone or part of a team
- excellent knowledge of current H&S regulations
The minimum qualifications required are:
- City & Guilds part 3 / NVQ level 3 in Electrical Installation or equivalent
- City & Guilds 2391 level 3 certificate in Inspection, Testing & certification of Electrical installations.
- Qualified 18th Edition of the wiring regs C&G 2382 – 18
- Excellent electrical fault finding skills
- Full Driving licence
- Experience in repair & maintenance works both in occupied & void properties
- Asbestos awareness
- Be computer literate and able to complete electrical test certificates electronically.
- 28 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Discretionary performance related payment
- Contributory pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Health Cash Plan
- Workplace Options Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee discount scheme
Our Vision and Values express our commitment to becoming a leader in our field, providing quality affordable homes and investing in Aylesbury Vale’s diverse communities. As part of our continued commitment to our workforce accurately reflecting the community we represent, we welcome applicants from BAME backgrounds, and applicants who have status as an individual with a physical or mental disability, as part of our ongoing commitment to Equality and Diversity. We are a Disability Confident Employer.
Closing date: 24th January 2022- Midday
Interview date: 31st January & 1st February 2022