Sense College is seeking a highly motivated manager to lead our team at Sense College Aldeby, on a fixed term basis for up to one year working 37.5 hours per week. This is an exciting opportunity to further develop skills in the field of specialist education.
You may already be in a management position, but want to further develop your knowledge of the sector; or you may be a teaching practitioner with some experience of managing staff, who wants to further develop managerial skills.
Aldeby is a small centre with a committed staff team and a highly engaged group of learners. You will need to be able to plan timetables and rotas and be able to manage a budget, and be prepared to roll up your sleeves to offer practical support when needed.
In return we offer a competitive rewards package; supportive and appreciative colleagues, and the chance to further develop your management skills whilst working for a forward looking national disability charity.
You are welcome to make contact to arrange an informal chat: Sue.Larner-Peet@sense.org.uk.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Your duties can include:
You will be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of person centred planning; share our organisational values and be committed to leading a team to deliver high quality education and day services provision that meets organisational and regulatory standards.
Your required skills and experiences:
- Relevant degree or higher level qualification
- Level 5 or above teaching qualification
- At least 2 years’ experience in an educational management role
- A minimum of 2 years working with learners with disabilities
- Experience of curriculum planning and delivery for learners with S.E.N.D
- A positive attitude towards learners with disabilities and an appreciation of this role’s responsibility in keeping learners
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity/