You will develop, improve, and evaluate a new service offering low-threshold drug and sexual
health information, advice and support in a Digital Drop-in environment, working collaboratively
with the Drop-in and wider Crew team. You will facilitate opportunities for peer education for
young people aged 12-25, working with Crew’s volunteer peer educators, as well as responding to
enquiries from the public.
Working Hours: 35 hours over Mon-Friday as arranged, including fortnightly Saturdays 1-5pm. Some evening work will also be required.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing the Crew Digital Drop-in service
- Developing online marketing and advertising content for the Digital Drop-in, involving young people
- Provision of online brief intervention and 1-2-1 support work with young people around drug taking and sexual health and develop volunteers’ skills in this area
- Assist in measuring the impact of the Digital Drop-in service for young people by developing and implementing data collection, analysis and reporting methods
- Assist in the continuing development of a needs-led Drop-in service
- Provide C: Card services, pregnancy testing and blood-borne virus (BBV) testing
- Responsibility for cleanliness of shop and environment
- Assist in maintaining Drop-in volunteer shift rota with the Drop-in Project Worker
- Provision of regular one to one support and supervision of volunteers
- Work with the Volunteer Development Worker to develop and implement new volunteer opportunities
- Assist the Volunteer Development Worker to service forums, sub committees and other meetings with the volunteer team
- Assist with the advance planning and publicity of volunteer social events
- Help to deliver induction and CPD training for volunteers alongside the Drop-in and wider Crew teams
- Maintain contact and communication with the Crew staff team as appropriate, contributing to fortnightly whole team meetings and regular Drop-in team project/planning meetings
- Attend regular support and supervision meetings with line manager
- Support the work of Crew in covering any reasonable request. Any request that becomes a regular activity will be added to your task description in negotiation with you.
To apply: Click the apply link to be transferred to our recruitment site where you can download the full job description and apply online. To help us to manage our advertising resources please mention Ethical Jobseeker in your application.