Someone who can manage a staff team and support the manager. Someone who can work independently and use their initiative.
This is a permanent post, working 37.5 hours per week. Supporting individuals within a residential setting with a variety of health and support needs inclusive of sensory impairments, learning disabilities, physical health requirements and behaviours that challenge.
As a frontline hands on Deputy Manager you will need to support the Registered Care Manager in the day to day running of a responsive innovative and high quality service. Special attention will be paid to facilitating and monitoring personalised active support and the creation of a continuous learning environment that will seek to maximise the potential of each person we support.
You will be supporting individuals to grow with independence. This includes regular sleep in shifts, supporting with everyday living, cooking, cleaning, personal care, finances, medication, working, shopping, trips out, going to pubs and night clubs.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holiday entitlement; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Your duties can include:
- To support individuals / groups within the centre and community.
- You will assist the manager in the running of the service including rota, supervising, mentoring and leading the team to ensure that all shared responsibilities are fulfilled and systems maintained which guarantee compliance.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
Your required skills and experiences:
- You will have a proven track record of motivating and managing others including carrying out supervision meetings
- You will have experience of working with adults with disabilities, monitoring the personalised care provided, reviewing, identifying and resolving issues arising from the 'day to day' operation.
- You will need a can do attitude, to work flexibly and be creative – solution focussed approach
To apply: Click the apply link to be transferred to our recruitment site where you can download the full job description and apply online. To help us to manage our advertising resources please mention Ethical Jobseeker in your application.