The Deputy Manager will also assist in the developing of rotas and managing the staff team. As well as making sure the people we support take part in meaningful activities that enrich their lives and build on skills.
An appropriate balance is needed between management and 'hands-on' work, meeting the needs of the service users living in the home.
What experience do you need?
The people we support are at the heart of everything we do - they are wonderful individuals and deserve to be treated with respect, dignity and choice. Our main priority, therefore, is to find staff with values, behaviours and attitudes to match our own.
You will have considerable experience working with people with learning disabilities in a service, at a minimum of lead/senior support worker level.
You must be well organised, able to lead shifts, motivate teams and mange rotas.
What are the Benefits?
- 28 day holiday inclusive of bank holidays rising to 30
- Access Retail Discounts
- Reward and recognition monthly and annual
- Development and access to professional training
- Access to counselling services
- Continuous on the job training is provided
- Contributory Pension Plan
- Checks and Clearances paid for by Achieve together
To apply: Please click the apply below and you will be redirected to our current vacancies, where you can complete your application.
*We reserve the right to close this advert before the closing deadline if we interview and offer the right candidate. Apply now to avoid disappointment.*