This is a permanent, part time post working 30 hours per week supporting 12 individuals in our residential home.
As a frontline hands on Deputy Manager you will support the Registered Care Manager in the day to day running of a responsive innovative and high quality service.
The duties are varied and no two days will be the same. The people we support are individuals and they are all treated as such. As a general guide, you may support with personal care needs, as well as help to take part in a wide range of special interests and activities that support their health and wellbeing. Special attention will be paid to facilitating and monitoring personalized active support and the creation of a continuous learning environment that will seek to maximize the potential of each person we support.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holiday entitlement; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Your duties can include:
- To support individuals / groups within the centre and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
Your required skills and experiences:
- A full manual UK license is beneficial to support with day trips etc.
- ICT literate and able to use MS Office and a range of databases.
- Numeracy and literacy skills and able to develop those skills in others.
- Willing to work towards BSL level one or comparable sign vocabulary
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficulties is beneficial.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity/
The above/below role is identified as being based in a CQC regulated Care Home.
As of 11th November, all people who work in CQC regulated care homes across England must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This is a legal requirement and proof of vaccination status must be shown when accepting any role within a care home.
You can access your vaccination status or ‘COVID Pass’ through the NHS App. You need to be registered with a GP in England to use the NHS App. If you’re not registered with a GP, you can still access the NHS COVID Pass via the NHS website (NHS.UK) or via 119 (select the ‘NHS COVID Pass service’) to request a letter.