About the role
As the Database and Insight Manager, you will manage our Fundraising and Supporter Engagement database, Donorflex.
You will also lead on an audit of supporter data to make recommendations on developments and how to improve data capture
You will ensure all data capture is GDPR-compliant and in line with the Fundraising Regulator requirements. Full responsibility for the management of all Direct Debits including payment collection and BACS compliance sits with this role.
You will work with key colleagues across Fundraising and Supporter Engagement to develop an insight approach to all our activities. You'll help embed insight in the early stages of our processes to help decision making and evaluation for a test and learn approach.
Candidates should be based within commutable distance of Bristol.
You must have substantial experience of supporting a complex and diverse database in a third sector or fundraising environment, with proven experience of developing an insight-based, data-driven approach. You should also have the ability to apply key statistical learning, preferably in a fundraising environment.
You must be experienced in managing and constructing database analysis systems, with the ability to implement processes and procedures to aid the organisation to work effectively in this area.
We will ask you to demonstrate your knowledge of regulations that relate to GDPR, BACS and Direct Debit management along with an understanding of the Gift Aid scheme and requirements from HMRC.
- 26 days leave per annum plus bank holidays for full-time working.
- Ability to buy an extra week of annual leave (pro-rata for part-time staff).
- Staff volunteer days.
- 24/7 free, impartial and confidential support service.
- We are members of the Green Commute Initiative and Cycle Scheme who both offer cycle to work schemes.
- Group Personal Pension Scheme with a 4% or 5% of basic salary contribution being matched by Sustrans.
- Bike, computer and season ticket loans.
- Discount benefits.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay.
- Flexible Working practices (full-time hours are 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday).
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Sustrans is committed to reducing inequality, valuing diversity and enabling inclusion.
We welcome applications from people from all parts of the community, particularly where we are under-represented.
Currently, this includes people who identify as having a disability, and those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups.
To apply: Click the apply link to be transferred to our recruitment site where you can download the full job description and apply online. To help us to manage our advertising resources please mention Ethical Jobseeker in your application.