The successful candidate will lead the content production within the brand and content team for a wide range of communication channels. Our ambitious new strategy has bold plans to reach and support more disabled people across the country. Writing and producing compelling content that leads to increased engagement is a key part in making this happen.
You will work closely with colleagues within the team, the wider Engagement team, and with internal stakeholders from around the organisation, to ensure effective production of relevant and engaging copy and content that works.
Skills and knowledge will include:
- Excellent written English: ability to write and edit compelling, accessible, and concise copy for different audiences, including people living with complex disabilities, supporters, professionals, partners and colleagues.
- Ability to spot a strong story lead and conduct interviews with a wide range of people for writing compelling stories.
- Strong proofreading skills and a great eye for detail.
- Ability to think creatively about content solutions to meet audience needs as well as organisational goals.
- Digitally literate and social media savvy, including excellent skills in MS Office and Adobe Acrobat and knowledge of all social platforms.
- Working knowledge of accessible communication and formats.
- Project management capability, including the ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities.
- Able to build effective relationships and work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation, people living with complex disabilities and with external stakeholders.
- Professional and diplomatic approach with people at all levels, with the ability to challenge or push back when necessary.
Achievements and experience:
- Experience of working in a content, creative, or digital team, either in-house or at an agency.
- A flair for producing good written content for different audiences, including people living with complex disabilities, supporters, professionals, partners, and colleagues.
- Demonstrable project management skills, with the ability to plan and deliver multiple parallel content projects to time, cost, quality and required accessible standards.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
To apply: Click the apply link to be transferred to our recruitment site where you can download the full job description and apply online. To help us to manage our advertising resources please mention Ethical Jobseeker in your application.