This is a permanent role; your contracted hours will be decided by you. We will assess your availability/suitability and pair you with a suitable Individual/individuals to support, this could be one session a week or could be 3 sessions a day depending on your availability/ suitability.
You don’t need to have an existing qualification within care, or have formally worked within care before, as you will receive a full induction and training into working with Individuals with multisensory impairments and disabilities. You may have cared for a family member in the past, and felt the reward? Or be a genuinely caring person looking to help positively impact an Individual's life? Sense are offering you £9.79 per hour.
This role is in a well-established community service in Bridgend, supporting clients with sensory impairments to maintain independence and carry out activities that are important to them. Support can include helping a client with their weekly shopping, visiting family, taking exercise, attending local groups, or attending medical appointments. A full UK driving license and use of your own car is essential to support the clients with independence.
As a Community Support Worker, you will be supporting individuals who have a range of complex needs, including sensory loses and learning disabilities. The duties are varied, and no two days will be the same. The people we support are individuals and they are all treated as such. As a general guide, you may support individuals to take part in a wide range of special interests and activities that support their health and wellbeing.
Working alongside a manager and a dedicated team at Sense you will support the individual in a wide range of special interests and activities that support their health and wellbeing.
The general working hours for this position can vary depending on your availability, generally shifts are completed between Monday - Friday, 10am - 4pm occasional weekends if required. There is also potential for additional hours by matching with any number of new referrals we receive. We can be flexible with shifts so would love to discuss your options and hear from you!
Are you looking for an incredibly rewarding and valuable job role, where you can receive great training and development, a supportive work environment?
Does this sound right for you?
In return for your hard work you will receive a wide range of benefits including:
- Rewarding & impactful role
- Beautiful work environment
- One to One support, personal rapport
- Flexible working hours to suit you
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- £350 Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- To support within the individuals home, and within the community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
Skills & Experiences:
- A full UK license and use of own car is essential.
- Enthusiasm, willingness to learn new skills
- Have experience in caring for people with disabilities - No need for qualifications, we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker.
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial.
To apply: Click the apply link to be transferred to our recruitment site where you can download the full job description and apply online. To help us to manage our advertising resources please mention Ethical Jobseeker in your application.