Sense are offering an intervenor £11.18 per hour (Inclusive of Outer London Allowance) Could this be your first role within the care sector? We will provide you with the training to become a fantastic Intervenor.
As an Intervenor you will provide support for children and adults, the individual’s families and siblings; this is through providing respite, advice and knowledge to guide them through the challenges and developments they might experience. Having an Intervenor allows families to have a break and feel safe in the knowledge that their family member is being supported in an appropriate and caring way.
Your role is to ensure these individuals experience the life they choose to. By promoting their personal and social development, encouraging independence, and supporting their communication.
Within this post you will provide support anywhere from 6 hours up to 22 hours per week depending on your suitability / availability. You will be working on a 1:1 basis, supporting a child who requires support every weekend for 4hrs. They are also looking for support for 2hrs after school, during the weekdays. You might look to have part of these hours on or alternate which we will be happy to discuss with you! You will support the individual and enable them to enjoy play and learn, through the development of everyday skills such as turn-taking and gaining independence in new environments.
Are you looking for an incredibly rewarding and valuable job role, where you can receive great training and development, a supportive work environment?
You do not need any existing experience as Full specialised training will be provided!
Further Hertfordshire Community Roles Available:
- Buntingfrod - 4hrs per week 2x2 hrs sessions after school
- Hemel Hempstaed – 2hrs per week
- Welwyn Garden City -6 hrs per week (4hrs weekend and 2hrs after school)
- Welwyn Garden city - 4hrs per week
- Abbots Langley - 2 hrs per week
- Hatfield - 4 hrs per week
Community Support Worker / Intervenor, Welwyn Garden City, Benefits:
- Part time Hours - Up to 22 hours (option to pick up further hours if wanted)
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme £350
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Community Support Worker / Intervenor, Welwyn Garden City Duties:
- Day to day activities led by the needs and aspirations of the people / person you'll be supporting.
- Enabling an independent lifestyle.
- To support individuals within their homes and in the community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
Community Support Worker / Intervenor, Welwyn Garden City Desired Experiences:
- It is essential for you to have a full UK license with the use of your own vehicle.
- Be able to adapt your communication style to meet the needs of those you are working with. Where necessary develop new skills to enable communication through sign and symbols.
- You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker.
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial.
- Willing and able to accompany/participate in leisure activities of the person’s choice.
To apply: Click the apply link to be transferred to our recruitment site where you can download the full job description and apply online. To help us to manage our advertising resources please mention Ethical Jobseeker in your application.