This specific role is located in Welwyn Garden City, and Sense are offering an intervenor £10.52 per hour.
This is a unique post working up to 22 hours per week depending on your suitability / availability. You will be working 1:1 in the community with individuals with a range of differing needs and or requirements. You will recieve specialist personalised training to become an Intervenor. For this role you will be supporting a child requiring support every weekend for 4hrs and 2hrs after school during the week in Welwyn Garden City. You will be working towards supporting the children to enable them to enjoy play and learning through the development of everyday skills such as turn-taking and gaining independence in new environments.
As an Intervenor you will provide support for children or adults, the individual’s families and siblings; this is through providing respite, specialist advice and knowledge to guide them through the challenges and developments experienced. Having an Intervenor allows families to have a break and feel safe in the knowledge that their family member is being supported in an appropriate and caring way by a trained member of staff.
Are you looking for an incredibly rewarding and valuable job role, where you can receive great training and development, a supportive work environment?
You do not need any existing experience as Full specialised training will be provided!
Does this sound like you?
(Below are the other locations and hours we are looking for, one or more may be suitable for you to undertake, we will discuss this with you)
Hertfordshire Community Locations:
- Buntingfrod -4hrs per week 2x2 hrs sessions after school
- Bishops Stortford – 4hrs per week –BSL required level 1
- Hemel Hempstaed – 2hrs per week
- Welwyn Garden City -2hrs per week –braille knowledge desirable
- Welwyn Garden City -6 hrs per week 4hrs weekend -2hrs after school
- Welwyn Garden city - 4hrs per week
Community Support Worker / Intervenor, Welwyn Garden City, Benefits:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Community Support Worker / Intervenor, Welwyn Garden City Duties:
- Day to day activities led by the needs and aspirations of the people / person you'll be supporting.
- Community Access.
- Enabling an independent lifestyle.
Community Support Worker / Intervenor, Welwyn Garden City Desired Experiences:
- All roles require you to hold a valid UK driving licence with the use of your own vehicle.
- Be able to adapt your communication style to meet the needs of those you are working with. Where necessary develop new skills to enable communication through sign and symbols.
- Some individuals communicate using British Sign Language (BSL) so is required for some roles.
- Experience of working independently as well as in a team setting.
- Willing and able to accompany/participate in leisure activities of the person’s choice.
To apply: Click the apply link to be transferred to our recruitment site where you can download the full job description and apply online. To help us to manage our advertising resources please mention Ethical Jobseeker in your application.