We are looking for someone to join our team of adaptable and motivated staff with great communication skills to help make a difference to the lives of the people we support.
The main purpose of your job is to support people to be as involved as possible in every part of their day to day lives so that they can be full and active members of society.
As a Community Support Worker, you will be supporting an individual and thier young child. The individual uses a wheelchair, so typical support would be to help with some cleaning around the house, as well as enabling them to get out into the community with their young child. You must be happy to be hands on with the baby. The family live in Pucklechurch. Support will be on a Saturday for 4 hours. There may be scope for increasing working hours if desired.
Support in the Bristol community services will involve working with people of various ages with complex communication needs. You will be community based and work with the same individuals each week. The successful candidate will be paid for the mileage and travel time inbetween people supported.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Your duties can include:
- To support individuals / groups within the centre and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
Your required skills and experiences:
- It is desireable for you to have a full UK license with the use of your own vehicle.
- You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker.
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial.
To apply: Click the apply link to be transferred to our recruitment site where you can download the full job description and apply online. To help us to manage our advertising resources please mention Ethical Jobseeker in your application.