This is a unique post working 4hours per week depending on your suitability / availability. You will be working in the community with individuals with a range of differing needs and or requirements, individuals may need support during office hours in the week or ad hoc support on weekends.
In this particular post you will support an individual with dual sensory loss, who communicates using the Block Alphabet you will need to have the necessary language skills to be able to adapt communication so it is accessible. Support access to information including organising appointments, reading correspondences, and support with making telephone calls. Support with mobility in the form of sight guiding when accessing the community and local amenities. Support activities in the home including cooking, support with understanding the benefit of assistive equipment. Support activities outside of the home including shopping, paying bills, going to the bank, medical appointments, socially interact with others.
Below are the locations and hours we are looking for, one or more may be suitable for you to undertake, we will discuss this with you:
- London SE 20 –Beckenham/Penge - 4hrs per week
- London East Ham –up to 8hrs per week
- London Hackney -5hrs per week
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Your duties can include:
- Day to day activities led by the needs and aspirations of the people / person you'll be supporting.
- Community Access.
- Enabling an independent lifestyle.
- Full job specification is attached below.
Your required skills and experiences:
- Some roles require you to hold a valid UK driving licence with the use of your own vehicle.
- Be able to adapt your communication style to meet the needs of those you are working with. Where necessary develop new skills to enable communication through sign and symbols.
- Some individuals communicate using British Sign Language (BSL) so is required for some roles.
- Experience of working independently as well as in a team setting.
- Willing and able to accompany/participate in leisure activities of the person’s choice.
- Full person specification is attached below.
- Additional documentation is attached to explain further the requirements for each post
Please use the link below to complete your application. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification before applying, please note the internal job title for this post is 'Communicator Guide'.
If you require an application in another format, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sense is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in all of its work. We want to ensure that the diversity of our workforce is reflective of the people we support and the communities we serve.