Could you be a Sense Community Support Worker?
Its an exciting time as Sense has just released its new strategy, we are expanding and now have an opportunity for a support worker to join our services in Hertfordshire.
This is a unique post working up to 32 hours per week depending on your suitability / availability. You will be working in the community accross Hertfordshire with individuals with a range of differing needs and or requirements, individuals may need support during office hours in the week or ad hoc support on weekends. Support visits can be from 2 hrs to 5hrs per visit or a number of visit per week.
This particular role is based in Watford, 2 hours per week, where the individual would like support to access the community, to look around her local shops, support with completing forms and making telephone calls, they also like to go and have a tea and coffee in a local cafes and restaurants. this individual is a very chatty lady and enjoys the company of others –also is very fond of cats and is a very creative person enjoys arts and crafts.
Below are the locations and hours we are looking for, one or more may be suitable for you to undertake, we will discuss this with you:
- Chorleywood -3hrs per week
- Watford - 2hrs per week
- Watford - 3hrs per week
- Stevenage -4hrs per week
- Hitchin -2hrs per week
- Letchworth Garden City -4hrs per week
- Broxbourne -4hrs per week
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Your duties can include:
- Day to day activities led by the needs and aspirations of the people / person you'll be supporting.
- Community Access.
- Enabling an independent lifestyle.
- Full job specification is attached below.
Your required skills and experiences:
- All roles require you to hold a valid UK driving licence with the use of your own vehicle.
- Be able to adapt your communication style to meet the needs of those you are working with. Where necessary develop new skills to enable communication through sign and symbols.
- Some individuals communicate using British Sign Language (BSL) so is required for some roles.
- Experience of working independently as well as in a team setting.
- Willing and able to accompany/participate in leisure activities of the person’s choice.
- Full person specification is attached below.
- Additional documentation is attached to explain further the requirements for each post
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable