These are permanent positions working Flexible – Part time hours to suit you. A job share arrangement or changes to the hours can be considered in order to meet the needs of the individuals we support and you. Part time hours are available in term time with additional hours can be offered in school holidays and as relief.
As a Sense intervenor you will provide support to children and young adults who have been born with sight and hearing impairments (congenital deafblindness), often with additional needs. An intervenor helps the individual to experience and join in the world around them as much as possible. Promoting their personal and social development, encouraging independence and supporting their communication.
Within this specific Intervenor role you will support children at home and to access the community, for this reason we require you currently hold a full UK drivers license and have access to your own vehicle. You will be working either 2:1 or 1:1, depending on the child’s needs, Support involves personal care along with administration of medication. We are looking for people to join our team of adaptable and motivated staff. You should have great communication skills and should want to help make a difference to the lives of the people we support. As you are providing support to children out of school hours, you should be available over weekends and after school hours
Does this sound right for you?
Community Support Worker, Bristol / South Gloucester, Benefits:
- Flexible part time hours
- Paid Mileage and travel time
- Providing 2:1 &1:1 support
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme £350
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Community Support Worker, Bristol / South Gloucester, Duties:
- Available to provide support during weekends and after school hours
- To support children / young adults within their homes and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
Community Support Worker, Bristol / South Gloucester, Desired Experience:
- It is essential for you to have a full UK license with the use of your own vehicle.
- You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker.
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial.
To apply: Click the apply link to be transferred to our recruitment site where you can download the full job description and apply online. To help us to manage our advertising resources please mention Ethical Jobseeker in your application.