This is a permanent role, working from from 4 hours per week. This is a growing service and more hours may become available.
We are looking for new Communicator Guides to join our fantastic team here at Staffordshire.
As a Communicator Guide, you will support people to access their wider communities, providing sensory support to ensure that individuals with dual-sensory loss can be as independent as possible.
Some of things you may be supporting the Deafblind individuals with include:
- Safe use of local public transport
- Attending appointments
- Visiting places of interest or leisure facilities
- Participating in social activities, joining social groups, or maintaining contacts with friends
- Maintaining their hobbies
In this role, you may also provide communication support to people in their home, including supporting with reading and responding to their post or making telephone calls.
Our rotas are usually consistent and do not change from week to week. You may be required to work on Saturdays.
The duties are varied and no two days will be the same. The people we support are individuals and they are all treated as such. As a general guide, you may support with personal care needs, as well as help to take part in a wide range of special interests and activities that support their health and wellbeing.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Your duties can include:
- To support individuals / groups within the centre and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
Your required skills and experiences:
- You require a full UK license and must be willing to drive your own vehicle.
- Experience of supporting individuals with complex needs is desirable.
- Previous experiencing supporting individuals with sensory loss or additional communication needs, or an interest to learn this is essential.
- Experience supporting people with Sensory loss and Guiding is desirable.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity/