This role works as part of the IT Operations team. A key part of this role will be helping to steer, support and deliver the technical pipeline strategy for CI CD and automated quality gates. You’ll deliver work that is future proof, with a focus on automation and securityas well as, managing business risks around resource consumption, scalability and availability of Cloud systems.
Additionally, you’ll also ensure rigorous enhancement, automation and ownership of our Cloud footprint to provide a platform for both developers and the business.
As part of the role, you’ll provide support, maintenance and virtualisation of the On-Premise environment, leveraging Cloud technologies where appropriate. You’ll also work to develop, support and increase the knowledge of Azure DevOps amongst the IT Infrastructure Team.
Have I got what it takes?
- We’re looking for a collaborative and engaged IT professional, who is passionate about the customers' journey and keeping the customers' voice at the heart of what we do.
- As an excellent communicator you’ll be effective with both internal and external stakeholders, ensuring clarity and consistency across the board IT teams and the wider business. You’ll take a flexible but balanced approach to your workload, helping to contribute to not only your own high performance, but the team's as well.
- You will have some previous exposure to; Azure DevOps, Cloud Infrastructure, Cost Management, Application Monitoring and Logging, TCP/IP (DNS, VPN).
- In addition, you'll also have admin experience for servers and storage arrays, as well as experience with VMWare.
- This is an ideal role for someone who is already comfortable with Azure DevOps and Cloud infrastructure and is proactive when it comes to sharing knowledge and supporting the wider team.
So, if you’re a motivated self-starter, with a keen interest in green energy and renewables, who thrives within an agile environment, then we want to hear from you.
We also have some amazing benefits that we offer our people, including:
- Travel allowance at all levels
- Green Travel Allowance
- Bonus at all levels
- Pension matched up to 7.5%
- 5 weeks annual leave with option to buy more
- Flexible working practices across many roles
Along with many more benefits
Where are we?
Good Energy is based in Chippenham, Wiltshire. We're currently all working from home and will be looking to return to the office for a couple of days a week in the future, alongside remote working. We’re just a two-minute walk away from the train station, with fast connections to Bristol, Swindon and the surrounding area. With this role we can be flexible on location.
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive business, one which attracts, develops and retains talented people from different walks of life, uniting them in delivering on our purpose; creating a cleaner greener future for our customers.