Do you like a challenge? Are you passionate about making change?
Sense are seeking Holiday Club Support Workers. This is a fixed term contract running until 2024. you will be working in local school holiday time only, support children in 4 hour sessions 3 days a week, on a Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
About Get Out There Trafford…
The ‘Get Out There’ Holiday Club Trafford provides support for children and young people who still live at home with their families. Working to promote communication skills, life skills, mobility and access to the community.
We Are Particularly Proud of:
- The great training we provide so you are able to deliver quality care and support to young people
- The Support Workers work well together supporting each other and sharing ideas, providing a good support network for families.
- They are committed to their work and have been with the organisation for many years.
- Working with young people gives the opportunity to be person centred in planning activities and developing life skills.
- Opportunities are available to support young people on outings.
What we need from you…
We do not need you to be an experienced support worker, however we do ask that you embrace and champion our Values and our 'I' statements.
We include, We collaborate, We find a way, We challenge, We celebrate
Our ‘I’ statements
I will listen to others
I will understand and respond
I will respect others
I will be honest and open
I will participate and contribute
I will take informed risk
I will find things to celebrate
No decision about me, without me
In return we will offer you…
• From £9.08 per hour
• Bespoke, rewarding career pathways
• The opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where you can develop your skills, knowledge and career in a supportive and flexible environment.
• Extensive employee discount scheme
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
• Enhanced disclosure cost covered
Please use the link below to complete your application and you will be redirected to Sense's website.
Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of the Sense advert) before applying.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format please contact the recruitment team on 0121 415 6735 or textphone 0121 415 2720.
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
As we say in our Equality and Diversity pledge, we want to ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential with us. So, if you have a disability which prevents you from driving but you are interested in a role where our advert says driving is required, please get in touch with us to discuss your application. We encourage you to apply for the role and we will try to make any adjustments to the role that may be possible.