The intervenor helps the individual to experience and join in the world around them as much as possible. They promote their personal and social development, encourage independence and support their communication.
This is a permanent role, working 4 hours per week. Usually on a Saturday 10.00 - 14.00 however on occasions this may vary.
You will support a 9 year old with Norrie Disease to access the community. You will be working alongside another intervenor and support will start from home. Support involves personal care.
We are looking for people to join our team of adaptable and motivated staff. They must have great communication skills and should want to help make a difference to the lives of the people we support.
This role is to support children of varying medical and communication needs, in Bristol. A job share arrangement or changes to the hours could therefore be considered in order to meet the needs of the people we support and the successful candidate. Part time hours are available in term time with additional hours offered in school holidays and as relief.
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Your duties can include:
- To support individuals / groups within the home, centre and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
Your required skills and experiences:
- You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we will provide you with a bespoke training package to enable you to become an excellent Intervenor.
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial.
To apply: Click the apply link to be transferred to our recruitment site where you can download the full job description and apply online. To help us to manage our advertising resources please mention Ethical Jobseeker in your application.