This is a part time role, 4 hours per week on Saturday mornings and 9 hours, 3 days a week during the school holidays, on a 3 year fixed term contract there is a potential for this to become a permanent placement.
As a Children's Community Support Worker, you will work at our Get Out There group at Loughborough college. We provide support for children who have a range of complex needs, including sensory loses and learning disabilities.
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Your duties can include:
- Day to day activities led by the needs and aspirations of the people / person you'll be supporting.
- Community Access.
- Enabling an independent lifestyle.
Your required skills and experiences:
- Caring/Support Worker experience in a personal / voluntary / professional capacity.
- Be able to adapt your communication style to meet the needs of those you are working with. Where necessary develop new skills to enable communication through sign and symbols.
- Experience of working independently as well as in a team setting.
- Willing and able to accompany/participate in leisure activities of the person’s choice.
To apply: Click the apply link to be transferred to our recruitment site where you can download the full job description and apply online. To help us to manage our advertising resources please mention Ethical Jobseeker in your application.