At Childline, our vision is to be there to give young people a voice when no one else is listening. An ambitious but worthwhile mission — and one you will help us achieve as a Childline Supervisor.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to develop your management, support, risk assessment and analysis skills within a unique national service which supports thousands of children all over the UK.
As a ChildLine Supervisor you will manage the day to day responsibilities of running of the service with support from a committed and dedicated team who will share your values of supporting children and young people.
You will be responsible for providing effective supervision to volunteers that will include feedback, training and support where needed and ensuring that a quality response is given to every child or young person who contacts Childline. You will be assessing risk in line with our confidentiality and safeguarding standards and liaising with our external child protection partners such as Children’s Services and the Police. You also get to work for an organisation whose core value is putting children first and to personally make a positive impact on thousands of families across the UK.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have the following:
- A social care, health or education professional or have substantial and extensive experience in engaging with children and young people
- Ability to write high quality, evidenced child protection risk assessments.
- Driven by making a difference
- Up-to-date knowledge of child protection legislation and practical experience of child protection and welfare issues
- Some supervisor or management experience would be advantageous
- An understanding of the needs of children and their psychosocial development
- Good IT skills
Late evening, until 2.00am, and weekend work is a regular requirement to ensure ChildLine can respond to all children’s calls.
To apply: Click the apply link and you will be redirected to the NSPCC recruitment page where you can download more information on the job and apply. Please do mention Ethical Jobseeker when applying to help to monitor our recruitment advertising.