Each year, over four million people buy an item from us, so our shops play a pivotal role in raising funds to make a difference to the lives of those who find it difficult to communicate and connect with the world.
We are looking for someone to lead and support an enthusiastic team of volunteers, by effectively managing the day to day running of the shop along side the Shop Manager, with the aim of achieving optimum profit by maximizing sales and controlling shop costs.
The successful applicant will be managing all aspects of running the shop including activities to drive sales performance, deliver expected shop standards, drive stock generation, effectively lead staff and volunteers, manage administration, security and health & safety activities in line with procedures.
Key skills and experience:
- The successful applicant will need to be self-motivated, creative, have strong problem solving abilities, be a good communicator and positively committed to working in charity retail.
- Experience of providing excellent customer service and motivating a team to do the same.
- An eye for detail and will ensure a safe, clean and inviting environment for customers, staff and volunteers.
- Previous experience of working in a retail environment is highly desirable.
- This position requires the applicant to be willing to work Bank Holidays and weekends as required.
To apply: Click the apply link to be transferred to our recruitment site where you can download the full job description and apply online. To help us to manage our advertising resources please mention Ethical Jobseeker in your application.