This is a permanent post working 24 hours per week. You will be based at our service in Carrickfergus. Where we accommodate 10 individuals who have a variety of physical, social, emotional, communication and sensory needs and varying levels of independence.
You will plan, co-ordinate, lead and participate in activities with individuals we support, to reflect their needs and available resources.Inform, guide and support staff to carry out the agreed programme of activities
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Your duties can include:
- To organise and co-ordinate a wide range of activities and events.
- To create a comprehensive timetable of activities to be shared with residents and staff.
- To enable Residents to participate in the programme through the identification and sourcing of equipment, aids and resources.
Your required skills and experiences:
- Be able to adapt your communication style to meet the needs of those you are working with. Where necessary develop new skills to enable communication through sign and symbols.
- Experience of working independently as well as in a team setting.
- Willing and able to accompany/participate in leisure activities of the person’s choice.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable.
Please use the apply link below to be transferred to our site to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of the Sense advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity/