About the role
We now have an exciting opportunity for you to help us promote walking, cycling, wheeling and sustainable travel options to school-age children, as well as the wider school and local community.
Sustrans has been awarded the contract to programme manage East Sussex County Council’s Active Travel initiatives, in schools, workplaces and within communities throughout the county. We have been working in partnership with East Sussex County Council since 2013.
The aim of the programme is to develop and deliver a series of cycling and walking activities to:
- achieve an increase in the current low levels of physical activity
- create travel behaviour change to include more active modes
- measure travel behaviour change.
- Clearance by a DBS Enhanced Disclosure check is mandatory for this role.
We believe in collaboration so we’re looking for someone who can build effective working relationships with schools and their community.
You'll have experience of:
- working with children and young people
- delivering physical activity or other behaviour change projects with schools or communities through activities, events and workshops
- partnership working with other organisations.
- We're looking for someone with an understanding of the benefits of active and sustainable travel and of the local area.
So if this sounds like you, and, like Sustrans, you want to make a difference, apply to join our team today.
- 26 days leave per annum plus bank holidays for full-time working.
- Ability to buy an extra week of annual leave (pro-rata for part-time staff).
- Staff volunteer days.
- 24/7 free, impartial and confidential support service.
- We are members of the Green Commute Initiative and Cycle Scheme who both offer cycle to work schemes.
- Group Personal Pension Scheme with a 4% or 5% of basic salary contribution being matched by Sustrans.
- Bike, computer and season ticket loans.
- Discount benefits.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay.
- Flexible Working practices (full-time hours are 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday).
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Sustrans is committed to reducing inequality, valuing diversity and enabling inclusion.
We welcome applications from people from all parts of the community, particularly where we are under-represented.
Currently, this includes people who identify as having a disability, and those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups.
To apply: Click the apply link to be transferred to our recruitment site where you can download the full job description and apply online. To help us to manage our advertising resources please mention Ethical Jobseeker in your application.